Find the personal pronouns. Tell if they are
intensive, reflexive or possessive, and if they have an antecedent, name it.
1. I want you yourself to come tomorrow.
2. The decision itself is yours to make.
3, She gave herself up to the police.
4. My brother gave me his pet snake.
5. You can tie your shoe by yourself.
1. I, you and yourself are pronouns. Yourself
is intensive and you is its antecedent.
2. Itself and yours are pronouns. Itself is
intensive, and yours is possessive. Decision is the antecedent for itself.
3. She and herself are pronouns. Herself is
reflexive and has she as the antecedent.
4. My, me and his are pronouns. My and his
are possessives, and brother is the antecedent of his.
5. You, your and yourself are pronouns.
Yourself is a reflexive pronoun, and you is the antecedent for your and
yourself. Your is possessive.