Use this or that with
kind or sort because both are singular; use these
or those with kinds or sorts because both are
plural. Examples: this or that kind of
stocks, these or those kinds of stocks,
this or that sort of people, these
or those sorts of people
Choose the correct word (this, that, these,
those) for each of the blanks in these sentences.
1. _____ sort of computer is much better.
2. Paul bought ____ kind of car.
3. I like ____ sorts of cars better.
4. ____ kinds of problems are hard.
5. What did ____ sorts of shoes cost?
1. this or that
2. this or that
3. these or those
4. these or those
5. these or those