Many adverbs end with ly which is
a good clue to adverb recognition, but not all words that end in ly
are adverbs. Some words such as daily, yearly, hourly can be
either adverbs or adjectives.
Pick out the adverbs in these sentences.
1. Daily we did our very hard lessons.
2. The yearly crop was totally ruined by
3. Hourly we listened to the rapidly
4. The friendly person suddenly ran up to
5. The unusually large dog jumped outside
and licked my face.
1. Daily, very
3. hourly, rapidly
4. suddenly, up
5. unusually, outside